Black Wolf Books, Inc.

Friday, September 09, 2005


My inspiration

Let me tell you about how I was inspired to write : Lakota Man”. I first stumbled across on the Tonight Show last fall and was intrigued by their tight harmony and great music. Then, I kept running across them on TV. Curious I asked for and got their self-titled CD for Christmas. That was it. I was hooked!

I then looked up their fan site. There is a lot of information there. But, I learned that Los Lonely Boys consisted of three brothers: Henry (lead), Jojo (bass) and Ringo (drums) Garza. They grew up in Texas and played with their father’s band for many years before branching out on their own. They have developed their own style of called “Texican rock.”

So, in the dark winter months, I began writing a story about a band of brothers making their own Texas rock. Lo and behold, the one book turned to five, and now I have an entire series. I am truly hoping that the first one sells well enough so that I can afford to publish the next in the series.

1 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Mike said...

I never knew where the inspiration came from.

I am happy you were inspired and that I was able/fortunate enough to be one of your pre readers....

You have a wonderful talent!

BA~~1

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home