Black Wolf Books, Inc.

Monday, October 31, 2005

A Good Editor is Worth…


A good editor is worth their weight in gold, as far as I’m concerned. While waiting for the release date for : Man”, my editor and I decided to begin work on the second in the series, “Black wolf at Rosebud.”

In an earlier post, I mentioned that the first few chapters were rewritten a few times. Once those were ironed out, she worked on the third chapter. When it came back to me yesterday, it was solid red ink! In revising the first chapters, I had dropped some pertinent information that made the third chapter make sense. Even after reading and re-reading it before I sent it to her, I never spotted it. In my mind, all was well and as it should be.

I am very grateful for her eagle eyes. Knowing that I don’t have that much gold, I will simply have to pay her in U.S. currency – and perhaps throw in a bit of choklit for her sweet tooth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home