Black Wolf Books, Inc.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

To PayPal or Not To PayPal


I’ve put together quite a team to get : Man” ready to publish and sell. This necessitates that I pay these people. (As cute as I may or may not be, they still insist on being paid in legal tender.) Many of them take payments through PayPal. It doesn’t get much more convenient than that.

However, the PP fees get steep if the bill is large. My editor suggested that she and I split the fees since it is such a convenience for both of us. We began looking for alternative ways to pay. She didn’t want a check – finding time to make the deposit, etc. etc. Through the course of our discussion, we discovered that we both use the same bank, though in different states. I called the bank and found out it would be easy to make an in-bank transfer. Voila! Easy as pie.

Not! The first screen I came to for setting up her account as a transfer account asked me for my ATM card number for verification. I never use the thing. Don’t even know where it is. So, I went through the five minute ‘cloud’ on the bank’s telephone and finally reached a very patient lady who told me my ATM card had expired last month. Oh brother. I had to order a new one and it will take a week before I get the thing – only to use the number on it to set up a transfer account – only to avoid the PayPal fees.

How convoluted can one simple thing as paying someone for her work get? Apparently – very.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

If it weren't so important, it would be funny.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home