Black Wolf Books, Inc.

Monday, October 03, 2005

BlackWolf at Rosebud


Editing has started on the second book in the Black Wolf series, at Rosebud”. This story is primarily about the second eldest Black Wolf brother, Matthew, who is the band’s keyboard player and one of the primary songwriters.

I wasn’t very happy with the first few chapters, so a few months ago I did a rewrite. Still not happy, I sent the first 4 chapters to my editor last week for suggestions on structural revamping. The woman is brilliant! She gave me a really good place to start and now I’ve just sent her the second rewrite.

It required doing a little research into the history starting at the Wounded Knee massacre of 1890. Then, knowing that the Sun Dance had been prohibited in 1888 and outlawed by the US Government in 1904, I wondered when it had been legally reestablished. The internet is a wonderful place. I was able to find out. 1978. Jimmy Carter. Who knew?

Now, let’s just hope my editor likes the rewrite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home