Black Wolf Books, Inc.

Monday, September 26, 2005

I Should Have Known


I should have known. Whenever you think you have a deadline in sight, especially for a big project (well, big to me, anyway), it WILL get moved back. My publisher just gave me a timeline filled with potential delays I didn’t know were coming (sigh) for : Man” by .

The initial printing should be done by Nov. 3. They will snail mail me the galley which will take anywhere from 3-9 days (having to get through Canadian/US Customs). Or, I can pay $24 to have it overnighted.

Once I look at the galley and make any corrections (publisher says there are always corrections), there will be an additional 2-3 week delay in getting them made.

Once the corrections are made and I sign off on the book, it will be for sale within 24 hours and in print within 4-5 business days.

To actually have the printed books in my possession (I only need 100 copies) will take an additional week or so depending on how I want them shipped.

Aaarrrggghhhh!

Good news? I have an official ISBN. Woohoo. (Okay, I’m grasping here, but good news is good news.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saying "Hi" on every blog I hit through blog explosion today. So Hi!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Take your good news where you can, Belle. Having the ISBN is a big thing!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home