Black Wolf Books, Inc.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Help Me! I’m Spinning

Now that : Man” is ‘officially’ for sale, I find myself spinning in the middle of my den. I need to remember to do several things this week and am hoping my remaining two functioning brain cylinders will keep firing.

First on the list is to contact my publicist. Upon her recommendation, we should wait to solicit reviews until I have the copies in hand. That won’t happen until the middle of this month…which puts us a few days away from Christmas. So, I need to ask her if it would be better to wait until after the first of the year to tackle that.

Also, I need to find out from either the publisher or the publicist exactly how to hook up with Amazon’s ‘self-published’ section and to include my site on the Google ‘self-published’ links. The publisher has an agreement with Google, so I should be able to step right in on that. Just need to figure out how.

And then there is the desperate need for me to take a serious look at who should be targeted for press releases locally. I’m in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, so there should be A LOT to choose from. My publicist will be a big help with that. The press release has been written, edited, edited again, given a final polish and is now ready to go. (At least that’s something I can cross off the list.)

Coordinating getting the autographed copies of my book to my customers is also proving to be a very detail-oriented task. Dusted off Excel yesterday and started a spreadsheet for money in, Paypal fees, Cost of goods sold, etc., etc. Keeping straight who wants how many copies and whom they are to be made out too is also more detail. Not to mention addresses. Do I send all of the copies to the buyer, or does the buyer want me to mail each copy to other people as the buyer’s Christmas present? (Did I mention that I’m spinning?)

That’s all I can think of right now. I’ve got an “oh, yeah” list – somewhere. I’ll find it in a minute. (Oh, yeah, still haven’t started holiday shopping, either.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home