Black Wolf Books, Inc.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005


Press Kits

This week has been filled with putting press kits together for : Man.” My publicist has contacted 100 potential reviewers and, according to our deal, I am responsible for the follow-up. Any reviewers who agree to review the book (and there have been several so far) get a copy of the book along with a press release and a Q&A sheet with a cover letter and business card. I’m also in charge of e-mailing everyone who we don’t hear from the first time with follow-ups.

Next week, the publicist is taking time off, but the week after that, I get another 100 names. A new 100 is sent every week for four weeks. I’m gonna be keeping my postman busy. All I can say is ‘thank goodness for on-line postage and pick-up scheduling.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

It's fascinating seeing all the different steps that go into publishing a book and then actually selling it!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home