Black Wolf Books, Inc.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Galley


The galley for : Man”” came today. I eagerly tore the package opened and pulled out my first ever printed novel. Unfortunately, the cover was so dark that part of the title “Black Wolf” could barely be seen and the words “by Magnolia Belle” were invisible. Ouch!

Getting immediately on the phone, I spoke to my illustrator, Ken, who just happens to work across the street from the publisher. Ken is such a gem. I asked him if he could go over there and kick someone for me in order to get the cover right. He said he would be more than happy to do it. Not only is it my book, but it’s HIS artwork!!! Hopefully this will all be resolved quickly. (However, I am learning that nothing moves quickly with self-publishing!)

Also, my hopes at finding my first professional reviewer have fallen through. The person my brother-in-law works with only reviews non-fiction. Oh, well. Back to the drawing board!

1 Comments:

Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Well done so far.

There is a very good professional reviewer of fiction who has three blogs I know on BE. Her literary blog is called "I Feel Pithy".

Contact her.

God bless.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home